St Andrews Old Course Tours
St Andrews Old Course tours for the golfer, with 1980s Pro A1 Old Course Caddie. Bucketlist walking tour exploring the Old Course.
(Limited time offer)
Initial booking of each tour – minimum 2 persons
Your professsional guide, is Richard Falconer: 1980s Pro A1 Old Course Caddie. He is also an author, artist and local historian.
St Andrews Old Course. Watercolour by Richard Falconer, 1984. Commissioned by Doreen Stubbs, St Andrews, as a limited edition global print.
The St Andrews Old Course is the most iconic golf course in the world. It is the course every golfer wants to play. A once-in-a-lifetime bucket list experience.
When you play here, you are not just following in the footsteps of those giants of golf innovation and championship wins, the Old Course was the template for the game we know and love.
St Andrews Old Course Tours
Tours all year, 7 days a week
April – September
10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 5:30pm*
October – March
12pm, 2pm, 4pm*
Walk the 1st/18th Old Course fairway
(excludes championship/tournament days)
Booking cut off is 2 hours before the start of a tour
Each tour 1hr +
£14 Adults (age 16+)
£12 Child (age 5-15)
Under 5s free but not suitable for any
under 2 years
Guide dogs only
Private Tours Welcome
Your tour route
- Golf Place
- The Links
- Old Course 18th Green
- R & A Clubhouse
- Old Course 1st Tee
- 1st fairway with views out the West Sands
- Granny Clarks Wynd
- Rusacks Hotel
- 17th Fairway
- Swilkan Bridge
- Old Course 17th Green
- Old Course Hotel Jigger Inn
- Richard explains the timeline development of both golf and the Old Course.
- You will learn how golf and the Old Course have changed over the years, and why our old caddie shack can’t be seen during the Open.
- Hear about early golf pioneers Allan Robertson and Old Tom Morris, plus a little about Tiger Woods, Rory Mcilroy, Sean Connery and Doreen Stubbs, and how the game increased in popularity in 1895.
- Learn about the Open Championship, the Dunhill Championship and the adjoining landmarks.
- Learn how the 1st and 17th shared the same hole until 1872. The elusive Old Course burial ground, the first putting green, the world’s oldest golf shop and Nike’s genius.
- Have a photo shoot on the Swilkan Bridge – one of the most iconic features in the game of golf.
- Hear also about Richard’s memorable jaw-dropping memories at the Old Course Road Hole, including the streakers during the 2000 Open!
All this and a lot more amid the Home of Golf, on Richard’s bucket list award-winning St Andrews Old Course History Tour!
Outside Hotel du Vin, 40 The Scores
By the famed Old Course Jigger Inn.
Relax with refreshments by the 17th fairway
(optional and not included)
Town and Old Course Tours
Richard also runs the St Andrews Golf Oriented History Tours.
These tours cover both the town and Old Course. The Old Course part is more an overview.
Click here for the website:
St Andrews Golf Oriented History Tours – Town and Old Course
Click here for an overview of all St Andrews tours
Extended Golf tours
It is possible to combine both tours into one private tour.
The tour, which lasts for 2 hours 30 minutes, covers all the information covered by the above golf related tour of the town, it then merges seamlessly into the Old Course History Tour.
The tour is split approx 1.15hrs town, and the same for the course.
Contact for availability and a quote.